How to make a Lamb Haneeth
Lamb Haneeth is one of the most famous Saudi Dish and also traditional Saudi dish.
- 2 1⁄2 kg lamb, large cubes
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 1⁄3 kg carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 green pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 kg tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 kg finely chopped onion
- 5 -7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pinch ground cumin
- 2 pinch ground coriander
- salt and black pepper
- butter (for frying) or olive oil (for frying)
- 1⁄6 cup toasted pine nuts
Wash the rice, then soak in salted water for 15 minutes
In a small dish, put turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, curry and Lummi, salt and spices, then Pour half of the meat, and Keep the rest of the amount of rice.
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat, add the meat until it change color,
Add the onion and garlic, until they turn golden
After that put all spices with the tomato sauce
Add the meat into the water and boil it for an hour
Medium heat for about 20 min starting counting after the whistle blows. After 20mins ready to open do so and flip the Lamb Haneeth on a serving tray.